martedì 2 luglio 2013

Five for Impressing: Lucie Malbéqui


Name, Surname, Age and how long have you been taking photos?
Lucie Malbéqui (my name on internet is also Clotilde Boisrenard), I am 21 and I am taking picture since I am 16.

What cameras do you work with?
A Chinonflex, a 600 SE and a Fuji x100 (sometime just my iPhone).

What does photography mean to you?
For me this is a way to catch time or to transform it. This is the most accurate medium to reality, and there is so many way to transform this using of photography to show what you want to show. In my pictures, for exemple, I’d like to show timeless scenes, where people and places can’t be located in a specific time.


What are your favourite subjects?
People, empty places, lights.

What else do you do besides photography?
I am painting, drawing, and making useless objects.

What does it distinguishes you, in your opinion, from other photographers?
Oh, I don’t know, maybe the fact that I am not using only photography to make images; this is, for me, a way to create between drawing and painting, and I try to say the same things with different ways. 


Which artistic influences affect your works?
I am really influence by painting (Michael Borremans, Markus Schinwald, Luc Tuymans, Grunewald, Fussli, Flandrin...), also by cartoonists ( Winsor McCay, Chris Ware...), photographers (pictorialists, post-mortem pictures, The Dusseldorf school...), litterature (Joris Karl Huymans, Hermann Hesse, everywhere tales...) and other things. 

What is your way to shoot? Do you imagine the whole scene and prepare the set, or relies on oestrus of the moment? What are your future plans?
It depends, sometimes (when I am moving from the town where I am living) I catch a moment surprising me or a light passing in front of me. But when I have a special idea, I write it first, think about it, and prepare what I need to take the image.


What is the photo you'd dream to take?
Something with different lights, different colors, white cotton sheets and faces.

What photographer do you recommend us to watch?
My lover Valentin Chenaille (valentinchenaille.com). 


Nome, cognome, età e da quanto scatta fotografie?
Lucie Malbéqui (in realtà il mio nome su internet è Clotilde Boisrenard), ho 21 anni e scatto foto da quando ne avevo 16.

La sua attrezzatura?
Una Chinonflex, una 600 SE e una Fuji x100 (a volte soltanto il mio iPhone).

Cos’è la fotografia per lei? Quanto l’obiettivo influenza la vita di tutti i giorni?
Per me è un modo di catturare il tempo o di trasformarlo. E' il medium più accurato e preciso per catturare la realtà e ci sono tante via per trasformarla usando la fotografia e mostrare ciò che vuoi mostrare. Nelle mie foto, ad esempio, amo catturare scene senza tempo, dove le persona e i posti non hanno alcuna caratteristica temporale.


I suoi soggetti preferiti? 
Le persone, gli spazi vuoti e le luci. 

Cosa fa quando non scatta foto?
Dipingo, disegno e costruisco oggetti inutili. 

Cosa la distingue, a suo giudizio, da altri fotografi?
Oh, non lo so proprio, probabilmente solo il fatto che uso la fotografia non solo per realizzare immagini. E', per me, una via di creazione che sta a metà tra il disegno e la pittura e cerco di dire le stesse cose in maniere diverse. 

I suoi lavori di quali influenze artistiche risentono? 
Sono realmente influenzata dalla pittura (Michael Borremans, Markus Schinwald, Luc Tuymans, Grunewald, Fussli, Flandrin, ecc.), ma anche dai disegnatori di cartoon (Winsor McCay, Chris Ware, ecc.), dai fotografi (fotografie post-mortem, la scuola di Dusseldorf, ecc.) e dalla letteratura (Joris Karl Huymans, Hermann Hesse).


Qual è il suo modo di scattare? Si immagina tutta la scena e predispone il set, oppure si affida all’estro del momento? Quali sono i  suoi progetti futuri? 
Dipende, alcune volte (quando faccio la pendolare dalla città in cui vivo) vengono colpita dal momento o da una luce che passa di fronte ai miei occhi. Ma quando ho una idea particolare, la scrivo, ci penso e preparo ciò di cui necessito per realizzare l'immagine. 

Qual è la foto che sogna di scattare? 
Qualcosa con luci diverse, vari colori, lenzuola di cotone bianco e facce. 

Un fotografo che ci consiglia di tenere d’occhio?
Il mio amore Valentin Chenaille (valentinchenaille.com). 







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento